Our cakes are made with only the best ingredients: creamy butter, whole eggs, Callebaut chocolate, and fresh vanilla beans. Every cake is custom made for your event, and decorated to your request.
Our cakes are generally between 4-5 inches in height — taller than most cakes. Each cake has 4 layers of cake that alternates with 3 layers of filling, the perfect ratio of filling and cake in every bite. Cakes are either finished with Italian meringue buttercream, or a rich chocolate ganache and then smooth rolled fondant.
The size of your cake determines how many servings you will get from your cake, as well as the price. The number of servings needed dictates the tiers needed, as well as the size of those tiers. The most common cake tiers are below. In order to come up with a design and quote, we need to know how many servings you would like, and how many tiers you would ideally like. (Other sizes are also available).
- 6″ round (serves up to 12)
- 8″ round (serves up to 24)
- 9″ round (serves up to 30)
- 10″ round (serves up to 38)
- 12″ round (serves up to 56)
- 14″ round (serves up to 74)
* Our serving sizes listed are based on wedding industry standard slices, cut 1″x 2″ and all of our cakes are 4″-5″ in height. Cakes are priced based on intended serving numbers above. Our cakes are very rich and dense, so we can assure you that a standard 1″x2″x4″ serving is ample for most guests!
As custom cake standard is to price by the serving, the number of servings is a starting point to come up with your quote. Your chosen decorations/sugar flowers, and the expected time needed to decorate your cake complete the factors involved with pricing your cake.
- Buttercream cakes start at $5.50/serving
- Fondant covered cakes (with a layer of chocolate ganache underneath) start at $6.50/serving
- Cupcakes start at $36/dozen
- Base pricing includes one cake flavour and one buttercream filling per tier.
- All fondant cakes are first covered in chocolate ganache (in a complementing flavour) before the layer of fondant or buttercream.
- We will also include a cutting guide so you have proper instructions to cut your cake for the number of servings it is intended to serve.
- $100 minimum order on custom cakes
- Cakes totalling $300+ include complimentary set up and delivery on the Naramata Bench. Delivery is available at a surcharge for cakes outside of Naramata, and for those less than $300.
READY TO MAKE AN ENQUIRY?
Before you submit your enquiry, please check out our FAQ page.
When you are ready to start the process of ordering custom cake, there are some key things we need to know. When you make an enquiry, please let us know:
- The date of your event
- The location of your reception (and where the cake will be displayed)
- Your expected guest count
- Whether you will serve the cake as your dessert course, or if it will be served alongside a dessert buffet.
- Whether you wish to keep your top tier
- Your budget for the cake
- Ideas of what you would like for the style of your wedding cake – please send photos!
Once we receive this information, we can immediately get back to you with our availability and give you an estimate of the cost. If you decide to move ahead with ordering, we will discuss details by phone (or arrange an in-person consultation) and draw up a contract. Please note that your cake is only reserved once a contract has been signed and your $100 retainer fee/deposit has been submitted.
HOW TO GET IN TOUCH:
The White Apron Pastry Co. is a custom cake making business. We do NOT have a shopfront, nor do we take walk-ins. We would love to welcome you to our studio for a consultation, by appointment only. We can also discuss details of your order by email, firstname.lastname@example.org or we are happy to phone you.